- The implementation of LIFE project activities has been limited. This is due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Regulation of the Minister of Health of March 20, 2020 on the declaration of an epidemic in the territory of the Republic of Poland and the resulting restrictions. The work of eco-managers was limited, due to e.g. closure of offices, remote work and no possibility of accepting clients.
- The European Commission granted funding for the implementation of the integrated project LIFE EKOMAŁOPOLSKA “Implementation of the Regional Action Plan for Climate and Energy.
- Eco-managers distributed a total of almost 5,000 information and educational materials and provided over 9 thousand. advice to the inhabitants of Małopolska.
Advice and assistance to residents
In June, the Eco-managers employed under the LIFE programme provided advisory assistance to the inhabitants of Małopolska in terms of their size:
- 2398 people admitted to the office,
- 5880 by telephone,
- 511 in writing or by e-mail,
- 453 during visits.
They carried out 105 checks on residents for waste incineration. In 9 cases, violations were found.
Surveys from residents and applications for funding
Eco-managers were involved in collecting questionnaires from residents and considering applications for co-financing.
- 491 questionnaires were collected from residents interested in using the subsidy,
- 259 applications of residents or entities for co-financing were examined,
- 342 contracts with residents or entities were signed for co-financing and 237 such contracts were settled
The eco-managers have entered or updated data on 1629 buildings in the heating base.
C.2 Centre of Competence
List of low-emission heating devices
The list of low-emission solid-fuel heating appliances meeting eco-design requirements, available at www.powietrze.malopolska.pl, includes a total of 343 boilers and space heaters.
In June, 188 notifications were accepted. The application is available on the website https://ekomalopolska.pl/app/ekointerwencja/index.html.
It can be specified:
- 112 reports on air pollution,
- 69 illegal waste exports,
- 17 other applications.
More than 200 telephone calls were answered through the UMWM hotline.
Training for new municipalities of the LIFE project
Seven new communes, which joined this year’s integrated LIFE project “Implementing the Environment Protection Programme for the Małopolska Voivodship – Małopolska in a healthy atmosphere”, took part in a training course specially prepared for them. The training took place on 29 June 2020 in the Marshal’s Office of the Małopolska Region. The event was attended by newly employed eco-managers together with persons responsible for financial service of the project in communes. During the training, employees of the Competence Centre presented how to supplement technical and financial reports. They presented the activities undertaken within the Project and the effects of its implementation. The training participants gained practical knowledge, which they will be able to use while working in municipal offices.
Training for eco-managers implementing the EKOTEAM and LIFE projects
On June 30, 2020, at the Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow, a training course for eco-managers implementing the ELENA project entitled EkoTeam and new eco-managers implementing the project entitled LIFE – Małopolska in a healthy atmosphere.
During the training, issues related to, among others:
- with air quality in Małopolska,
- requirements related to the air protection program and anti-smog resolutions,
- activities of the LIFE project and its effects – with particular emphasis on activities carried out in the Rzepiennik Strzyżewski commune.
The speaker from the Regional Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Krakow discussed in detail the subsidy program entitled Clean Air. After the speeches, there was a discussion during which all questions and doubts of the participants of the training were discussed.
E.2 Local air protection information and education activities
Educational materials on air protection
The eco-managers in the municipalities:
- prepared 426 leaflets and brochures and 51 posters,
- They distributed 4 067 leaflets and brochures and 57 posters,
- prepared 35 and distributed 465 other educational and promotional materials (promotional materials, leaflets related to the Clean Air Programme).
Meetings and events
The eco-managers organised meetings and events:
- 2 competitions for children/young people, in which 31 people took part,
- 2 meetings in schools and kindergartens, attended by 15 people (online classes),
- 7 meetings with residents, attended by 238 people,
- 35 meetings with local leaders (teleconferences with councillors, mayors) with a total of 200 people,
- 3 other air protection events with 51 participants.
The environmental advisors transferred part of their activities to the Internet. Through social networks they organised various competitions and workshops.
E.3. Creating a network for the exchange of experiences with other projects
New integrated project LIFE EKOMAŁOPOLSKA “Implementation of the Regional Action Plan for Climate and Energy”.
The European Commission has granted funds for the implementation of the LIFE EKOMAŁOPOLSKA project. The main activities of the project are extensive work to combat climate change, including a mapping of the potential of renewable energy sources and the creation of a network of climate eco-managers. The total budget of the project is. PLN 70 million, with 60 percent is EU funding, 35 percent. – from the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management, and 5 percent. is the partners’ own contribution. LIFE EKOMAŁOPOLSKA “Implementation of the Regional Action Plan for Climate and Energy” will be implemented by the Małopolskie Voivodeship from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2030, together with 26 partners. They are: Ministry of Development, Śląskie Voivodeship, AGH University of Science and Technology in Kraków, European Clean Air Center, Kraków, Tarnów, Nowy Sącz and 17 poviats: Bochnia, Brzeg, Chrzanów, Dąbrowski, Gorlice, Kraków, Limanowski, Miechowski, Myślenice, and Nowy Sącz , Nowosądecki, Olkusz, Proszowice, Suski, Tarnow, Wadowicki, Wielicki. Foreign partners of the project are the Wuppertal Institute for Energy, Climate and Environment and the Brandenburg Technical University in Cottbus.
#Clean Air Academy series of webinars
As part of the #AkademiaCzystegoPowietrza series of webinars, another 5 meetings were held in June:
- June 1: Cost analysis in modernized buildings,
- June 8: Photovoltaics at home,
- June 15: Application of heat pumps in existing single-family buildings,
- June 22: Modernization of a solid fuel boiler house,
- June 29: The most common mistakes made when modernizing buildings.
The meeting was attended by eco-managers and employees of the Competence Centre.
Project Platform for reporting information on industrial breakdowns
On 1 and 29 June, another working meetings of the Kraków Technology Park, Qubit and representatives of the Competence Centre were held on the winning project of the fifth Smogathon.
E.4 Promotion of project implementation
In June, the Eco-managers prepared:
- 10 articles in the press,
- 98 articles and posts on the Internet and community media,
- 21 other media
and took part in the media information related to the project:
2 radio or TV programmes.
F.1 Project management
On 17 June 2020, the Marshal’s Office of the Małopolska Region submitted an application for funding from the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Krakow for the implementation of the Integrated Project LIFE – Implementation of the Air Protection Programme for the Małopolska Region – Małopolska in a healthy atmosphere. The application was submitted under priority programme 5.6 Interdisciplinary Co-financing of the LIFE Programme in a complementary mode. The applied co-financing from NFOŚiGW is PLN 12 231 708. The aim of the programme is the improvement of the quality of the environment, including the natural one, with the use of funds available by Poland within the LIFE Programme. The application has passed a positive formal assessment.