The purpose of Air Quality Plan is to achieve in the Małopolska Region by 2023 permissible levels of air pollutants like PM10, PM2.5, benzo (a) pyrene, nitrogen dioxide and ozone.
Main activities focused on air quality improvement include:
- Introducing restriction on the use of heating devices fired by solid fuels,
- Implementation of local low-stack emission reduction programs – elimination of inefficient devices based on solid fuels,
- Expansion and modernization of municipal heating network and gas distribution networks to connect new users,
- Thermo-modernization of buildings and support of energy efficient buildings in housing and public utilities,
- Reduction of emissions from transport,
- Reduction of industrial emissions,
- Environmental Education for inhabitants,
- Improving the conditions for ventilation of the cities and protection of urban green areas.
A part of the Air Quality Plan is a short-term actions plan, which introduces 3 levels of air pollution threat:
- 1st degree of danger (yellow code),
- 2nd degree of danger (orange code),
- 3rd degree of danger (red code).
Introducing the levels of threat of air pollution is carried out in cooperation with the Małopolska Provincial Office, Regional Inspectorate of Environmental Protection in Krakow and the Marshal Office of the Małopolska Region.
The current Air Quality Plan for Małopolska Region was adopted by Resolution no. XXV/373/20 of the Assembly of the Malopolskie Voivodeship of September 28, 2020
Summmary – Air Quality Plan for the Małopolska Region from 2020 ( 28/09/20)
Air Quality Plan for the Małopolska Region from 2020 ( 28/09/20)
Air Quality Plan for the Małopolska Region from 2017 ( 23/01/17)
Justification for the Air Quality Plan for Małopolskie Region from 2017 (23/01/17)
Air Quality Plan for the Małopolska Region from 2013 ( 30/09/13)
Justification for the Air Quality Planfor the Małopolskie Region from 2013 (30/09/13)
Environmental education for improving air quality in Małopolska. Auxiliary material for local municipalities and schools (2012)
Expertise in the field of pilot development and implementation of short-term action plans in selected localities of the Malopolska Region (2011)
Report on the inventory of pollutant emissions into the air for the purpose of updating the Air Quality Plan for the Małopolska Region (2011)
Detailed inventory of emission sources within the Nowa Huta Economic Zone (2010)
Study on the introduction of restrictions on the use of solid fuels in the area of Krakow (2010)
The Air Quality Plan complement for Małopolska Region for 2011 (28/02/2011)
Air Quality Plan for Małopolska Region for 2009 (21/12/2009)