Summary of LIFE Malopolska – February 2022
- On February 17, public consultations took place on the introduction of the local anti-smog resolution for the city of Myslenice.
- On February 28, a presentation was held on the results of a study conducted on the possibilities of eliminating or reducing low emissions in the agricultural industry.
- Eco-managers distributed over 176 thousand information and educational materials and gave over 18 thousand pieces of advice to Małopolska residents.
Advice and assistance to residents
In February, the Eco-managers employed under the LIFE program provided consulting assistance to the residents of Małopolska in the amount of:
- 9,044 people admitted to the office,
- 9,062 by phone,
- 394 in writing or by email,
- 412 during visits,
There were 885 inspections of residents regarding waste incineration. In 21 cases, violations were found.
Surveys from residents and grant applications
Eco-managers were involved in collecting applications from residents for funding. February 2022:
- 439 applications were collected from residents interested in applying for funding.
The eco-managers entered or updated data on 29,570 buildings in the Central Energy Efficiency and Building Heating Records (CEEB).
C.2 Competence Centre
List of low-emission heating appliances
The list of low-emission, ecodesign-compliant solid fuel heating equipment, available at www.powietrze.małopolska.pl, includes a total of 379 boilers and space heaters.
In February, 837 applications were accepted. The application is available at https://ekomalopolska.pl/app/ekointerwencja/index.html.
You can specify:
- 662 air pollution reports,
- 185 illegal waste disposal,
- 72 were related to sewage and wastewater discharges,
The Competence Centre responded to more than 400 inquiries directed to UMWM in the form of e-mails and 380 telephone inquiries.
Meetings with an expert
The National Energy Conservation Agency held four events with eco-advisors in February as part of its online “Meet the Expert” training:
- 02.02. – Meeting with KAPE expert – Intelligent LED lighting management systems,
- 09.02. – Meeting with KAPE expert – Lighting Management System – good practices in tender procedures,
- 16.02. – Meeting with KAPE expert – Warsaw Green Building Standard as one of the pillars of Warsaw’s climate policy,
- 23.02. – Meeting with KAPE expert – How to implement civic energy in municipality?
Consultation on clean transport zone identification scheme!
In February, representatives of the Competence Centre took part in consultations on the draft Regulation of the Minister of Climate and Environment on the system for identifying clean transport zones
Consultations of the local anti-smog resolution in Myślenice!
On February 17, public consultations took place on the introduction of the local anti-smog resolution for the city of Myslenice.
Analysis of opportunities to eliminate or reduce low emissions in the agricultural industry
On February 28, a presentation was held on the results of a study conducted on the possibilities of eliminating or reducing low emissions in the agricultural industry.
Student Internship at the Air Protection Team
Students of the Environmental Management Technical School No. 24 in Cracow, held a student internship at the Air Protection Team.
E.2 Local information and education activities on air protection
Educational materials on air protection
Eco-managers in municipalities:
- distributed 130,918 flyers and brochures and 19,275 posters,
- prepared and distributed 25,871 other educational and promotional materials (promotional materials, leaflets related to the Clean Air Programme, board games and school materials for children).
Meetings & Events
Eco-managers have organized meetings and events:
- 1 competition for children and youth with 21 participants,
- 1 school meeting attended by 13 people,
- 16 meetings with residents attended by 1,291 people,
- 50 meetings with local leaders, totaling 130 people.
- 1 other air protection event with 27 attendees.
Use of media
Eco-managers in the municipalities have prepared:
- 22 articles in the press,
- 139 articles and posts online and in social media,
- 24 times other media were used
and participated in media releases related to the project:
- 27 radio or TV broadcasts.